Due to the rapid business expansion and forward integration YMI, located in Almere, is currently looking for a Global Service Engineer for the After Sales team.
Supporting YANMAR’s Service network conform YMI Global Service Policy focusing on enabling our network to provide unparalleled support to our customers. This network of RHQ’s, Distributors, Dealers and OEM’s can count on the Global Service Engineers excellent knowledge and ownership.
See Indeed.nl --> Yanmar Marine
- Offers first line support by contacting and communicating by telephone, CRM and personal visits to customers, discussing their service requirements, advising where necessary
- Maintains contact with global Yanmar colleagues for customer concerns, technical support and warranty related issues
- Maintains regular communication and business contacts with support staff in Japan supporting Quality Assurance and Engineering activities
- Troubleshooting and repair of technical concerns in the field
- Coordinating of product service and warranty activities with sales engineers, application engineers and other members of Customer Support Department
- Responsible for technical support to customers under departmental guidelines
- All communications and interactions are managed, executed and registered in the YMI CRM
- Executes the activities according to our Yanmar Management System (YMS)
- Judging warranty claims according YANMAR Limited Warranty Handbook warranty policies
- Identifies root cause of failure by investigating claimed engines and/or components
- Supports workshop by creating more efficient way(s) of investigation(s) capabilities
- Signaling and reporting of concerns, developments, information on competitors and such and reports these to direct colleagues and the QA team via CRM
- Analysis of warranty claims and identifying concerns our customers are facing
- Investigates service complaints, making recommendations for follow-up to the immediate Team lead First Line Technical support and Warranty Management and acts out the follow up.
- Participates in regular digital and face to face departmental meetings
- Plans and implements improvements based on annual Department Plans
- MBO 4 level education in technical field
- 3+ year work experience in a similar position in a technical B2B environment
- Preferably automotive experience
- High level of electronic diagnostics,
- Proper English in reading, writing and speech
- Excellent communication skills (ability to drive difficult discussions with multiple stakeholders internally and externally)
- Excellent relationship management- and problem-solving skills
- Proactive / self-starter
- Positive and open mindset to understand different opinions and approaches
- Can-do/Solution-driven mentality
Workbase is in Almere, therefore candidates must live within an acceptable distance and must have a permanent residence- and work permit for the Netherlands.
About the company
Founded in 1912, YANMAR has grown into a respected and trusted global manufacturer of highly advanced, efficient engine products and equipment, with over 20.000 employees and sales network operating in over 130 countries.
YANMAR Marine International (YMI) is the Global headquarters for the marine recreational engine business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent