Due to the rapid business expansion and forward integration YMI, located in Almere, is currently looking for a Software Engineer for the Development team.
Develop and maintain the software for the Control system of Electric propulsion systems in a Marine pleasure craft.
The type of projects includes: New product development, Value Improvement projects, Quality improvement projects.
See Indeed.nl --> Yanmar Marine
Software development content
- Responsible for Control System of Electric propulsion
- Integrate electronic components; Control Head, Display, E-motor controller…
- Writing system specification
- Programming software
- Function test
- System validation
- System implementation.
- Software maintenance
In addition, you will:
- Follow Development policies and procedures.
- Maintain Electric schematics & software documents for development changes.
- Work regularly with colleagues in different Yanmar business units across the world.
- Support development specifications which must be fulfilled for end –user information, such as: manual, charts, and product materials.
- Apply knowledge of company products, policies and practices through standardization of parts and products.
- Gain and apply knowledge on customer needs, competitive systems, regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of CAN protocols (e.g.; SAE-J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000)
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- The ability to work both independently and in a development team
- Didactic skills, in particular for visual and textual content, using video/photo equipment
- Excellent organizing, time management, collaboration, communication, and administrative skills
- Flexible and hands-on approach with customer interest in mind
Workbase is in Almere, therefore candidates must live within an acceptable distance and must have a permanent residence- and work permit for the Netherlands.
About the company
Founded in 1912, YANMAR has grown into a respected and trusted global manufacturer of highly advanced, efficient engine products and equipment, with over 20.000 employees and sales network operating in over 130 countries.
YANMAR Marine International (YMI) is the Global headquarters for the marine recreational engine business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent